Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Button, Button Who Has the Button?

Acrylic Peach Button Bracelet
 One of iKandies more recent sales was a unique button bracelet.

 At the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show early in 2011, I came across a vendor selling all the pieces needed to make a button bracelet. 

This included a base metal bracelet blank base, mother of pearl buttons in creams and greys and metal buttons. 

The pearl and metal buttons were layered in different ways on the bracelet base and these designs made quite a statement. I was inspired by the idea but wanted to brighten it up a bit. So as I was designing my take on a button bracelet, I remembered the acrylic flowers I had used in a necklace design and decided to incorporate them into my bracelet.

The finishing touch was to add some beadwork the middle of each flower or button component.  And Viola!  My Acrylic Peach Button Bracelet and Acrylic Burgundy Button Bracelet were born!
Acrylic Burgundy Button Bracelet

 For my next button project, I thought I'd try to create a design using these gorgeous Czech glass buttons...
Glass buttons from vintage molds

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can earn money by locking special pages of your blog or site?
    To start just join Mgcash and add their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete